Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative team member to join our Communications group in Pullman, Washington as a Lead Firmware Engineer. In this position you will use your firmware engineering experience to invent the future of communication and networking products at SEL.
- Design and invent novel solutions to tough problems
- Write high quality and dependable firmware along with a small development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in planning, design, implementation, and verification of firmware/software systems.
2. Work cooperatively in a team environment.
3. Troubleshoot defects, performing root cause analysis
4. Mentor engineers and contribute a spirit of continuous improvement
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
5+ years of related professional experience
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Embedded systems firmware development including:
-- Real-time firmware design
-- Expertise with: Embedded Linux, RTOS, or bare metal
- Object oriented design
- Proficiency with (C/C++, Python)
Experience using version control
Excellent writing and speaking skills
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Experience with communication and networking protocols
Experience writing documented, maintainable code in a production environment
Experience designing and developing modern software using Test Driven Development (TDD) or Continuous Integration (CI)
Experience with C++11, C++14, or C++17
Digital and analog circuitry
Digital communications and signal processing
3-phase electric power systems
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.