Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
8 - 10 years experience • Diversified Industrial
Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
Our client is currently seeking a Fire Sprinkler Designer III to join the team as a member of their growing Fire Protection division.
Responsibilities of the Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
Fire Protection Development/Design
- Reads and interprets construction documents that includes drawings, specifications and contracts and actively participates with pre-planning the overall fire sprinkler system design approach.
- Designs and lays out fire sprinkler systems for complex buildings utilizing CAD and/or AutoSprink software. Adheres to NFPA, FM Global, local and other national codes as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the coordination of new projects that often requires analytical thinking to solve unique and complex fire protection situations.
- Coordinates with other trades or our client's internal teams as necessary. Field surveys assigned project when needed.
- Participates in the design start and periodic project team updates for projects.
- Works with project managers and/or foreman to develop field prints and fabrication details. Supports the team with technical information as needed.
- Participates in the BIM/CAD environment and maintains all related fire sprinkler supporting documents.
- Develops and promotes practices to improve production efficiency and effectiveness of the designated BIM/CAD software platform used by providing comments and updates to standards.
- Performs hydraulic and seismic bracing calculations. Includes both manual methods as well as with packaged software.
- Selects material and completes stock lists throughout the project.
- Takes the initiative to further develop drafting, modeling, and design skills.
- Develops positive working relationships with all internal and external team members assigned to your projects.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously depending on complexity of scope.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
- Fire sprinkler layout and design experience; a minimum of seven (7) years.
- NICET III Certification or higher preferred.
- EngineeringDegree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, drawings, specifications and technical material.
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- Knowledge of building systems and applications required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD-based products; AutoSprink experience strongly preferred; Revit and Navisworks experiencepreferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Project Managementexperiencepreferred.
- People Management experiencepreferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Normal office working conditions.
Compensation for the Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
- ?Salary for the Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer $80,000 - $95,000
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? Yes, nationwide
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: New Position
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to? Fire Sprinkler Engineering Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- 5+ yearsexperience in fire sprinkler design of commercial buildings and working knowledge of AutoSPRINK.
- Familiarity w/ contractor side of design (stock lists, foreman prints, permit drawings)
What are the nice-to-have skills?
- NICET certification, experience w/ retail, healthcare or industrial sectors.
- Leadership/mentorship skills.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Our client's culture is amazing. We have a wonderful team of smart and funny people. The business is very stable and we have thoughtful and methodical business leaders. The fire sprinkler dept is growing and doing well. We have a small portion of our targeted business which means lots of growth potential over the next two years. There would be lots of autonomy in their work and the opportunity to work on substantial projects, like 40 story towers.