Now is the time to join Pacific Dental Services. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of Lead Analyst, Financial Reporting and Equity is to ensure the preparation of period-end GAAP consolidated financial statements and to prepare accounting entries for equity transactions.
- Prepare consolidated and consolidating GAAP financial statements for month and year ends, including balance sheet, statement of operations, and cash flow statement for 850+ locations companywide. Financial statements include extensive eliminations.
- Maintain consolidation software (Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud, or FCCS) to ensure timely preparation of financial statements at each period-end. Maintenance requires working closely with outside FCCS consultants.
- Assist with initial and ongoing documentation of the consolidation and close process.
- Assist with research, interpretation, implementation, and continuing application of GAAP accounting standards (ASC 842, ASC 606, ASC 326, etc), including preparation of technical memoranda that document issues clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Prepare accounting journal entries for equity transactions, working closely with the legal and regional finance departments.
- Assist in preparation of year-end audited financial statements and footnotes.
- Communicate with external auditors regarding fieldwork, audited financial statements, and accounting issues to ensure compliance with accounting standards while maximizing operational efficiency.
- Support month and year-end close as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting.
- 5 years of direct related work experience.
- Flexibility to work from National Support Center (Irvine, CA) or Dallas Support Center (Irving, TX) when needed for project or team’s benefit. Otherwise, position will likely be a hybrid arrangement of ~1 day a week in office.
- Familiarity with GAAP and GAAP research tools. Strong ability to research, interpret, and document complex GAAP.
- Experience with financial statement consolidations including extensive eliminations.
- Understanding of equity accounting.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software products quickly. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Five years of public accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle ERP, FCCS
- Active Certified Public Accountant license