We are seeking a Senior/Lead Financial Analyst to join our IT Expense Management and Reporting team in Windsor, CT. The Lead Analyst will collaborate with members of the Finance and IT to analyze and report on expenses on an allocated and unallocated basis.
- Act as a lead contact for Voya's Business Technology Services Organizations on all expense issues – actuals, forecast and change.
- Develop a detailed appreciation for expense drivers within areas(s) supported. Drive transparency and education where needed.
- Communicate with management and customers on all forecast, actual and period over period expense variances.
- Own the monthly close cycle for supported areas, maintaining backup and submitting journal entries to insure accurate expense recognition – collaborating with peers and IT Organizations as needed.
- Assist with managing expense submission process to financial reporting teams.
- Assist with SOX control testing, audit requests, unit cost reporting, and bench-marking studies.
- Monitor and analyze expense allocation results to business lines and products – be able to tell the story around how IT expenses impact the lines of business and why variances occur.
- Prepares complex reports/analyses for management decision making information on expense allocations
- Lead a partnership with IT, business and cost management teams to identify and pursue cost savings opportunities.
- Establishe, modify, document and implement best practice methods and control procedures on expense allocations. Collaborate and document standard work with other members of team.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement initiatives as well as other ad-hoc reporting tasks and special projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting
- CPA/MBA a plus
- 5-10 years in finance related area, budgeting, and expense.
- PC Skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel required, MS ACCESS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion knowledge is a plus
- Share technical expertise with others. Recommends process improvements.
- Provide functional advice or training to less experienced financial analyst’s jobs. Participate along other senior analysts and managers in advanced problem solving and complex analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and be a resource for other team members to go to.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks at once and still meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with other departments and customers.
- A self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined and performance driven.