Monitors and coordinates the day-to-day activities of financial planning and analysis projects. Assumes responsibility for business planning and financial analysis process to include establishing timelines, working across multiple business units to gather and validate data, maintenance of existing processes, analysis or organizational impacts, process improvement, and presentation for assigned groups. Initiates and implements financial analysis projects. Assists in the development and analysis of financial reporting projects for assigned departments. Works independently under the direction of the manager, and leads teams on various projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and coordinates the day-to-day activities of financial planning and analysis projects; ensures adherence to financial analysis standards; provides training and assistance to Financial Analysts and Senior Financial Analysts.
- Provides direct financial support to assigned departments in the review and analysis of the department's monthly and quarterly financial data.
- Conducts financial analysis projects related to profitability, capital allocation, operational trends, performance, costing and product/service pricing.
- Conducts complex spreadsheet analysis and prepares various reports utilizing financial database systems.
- Develops and modifies various financial models. Performs cost benefit analysis and sensitivity analysis which supports management's decision making process.
- Prepares and participates in presentation of findings to senior management, including the basis for recommendation.
- Assists management in developing performance measurement metrics and measuring and analyzing assigned department and company performance against such metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Financial planning and reporting for HR, Finance and Executive support departments, as well as the corporate legal entity.
- Corporate STI accrual process
- Legal Entity allocation calculation and reporting
- Monthly consolidation of financial reporting
- Quarterly consolidation of plan and forecast activity
- Business case work as assigned
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field –OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA, CFA, or CMA designation
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- A minimum of seven years experience performing sophisticated financial analysis of business or business divisions.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and direction related to financial analysis and planning.
- Experience providing financial, economic and business analysis results to management.
- Working knowledge of financial and general accounting principles.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet modeling.
- Ability to identify potential risks associated with a proposed business initiative and recommend alternative solutions.
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to navigate the internet.