As a Lead Financial Analyst on the Budget and Medium Term Plan Team, you will perform accounting, financial reporting and analysis functions. You will be responsible for applying financial analysis knowledge and judgment to activities that are diverse and complex.
What Success Looks Like:
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems to perform appropriate analyses.
- Analyzes financial data and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial result.
- Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for use by others.
- May manage staff to achieve performance standards. Develops and motivates staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares knowledge. Ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes.
- Offers leadership and direction to others.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of business and analysis concepts.
- Supports client reporting needs including client performance and compensation. Performs client analysis and trend reporting.
- Participate in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Recommends changes to processes to improve and achieve greater efficiencies.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the business to proactively develop financial reports and complex models for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company. .
- Solves complex problems in creative ways; Significant initiative and independent judgment required; makes varied decisions; Operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision; Typically plans, conducts and supervises assignments, reviews progress and evaluates results; Exhibits leadership skills; mentors employees across teams; May manage the workload of others.
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with degree.
- Advanced computer skills.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- Solid knowledge of accounting/financial area preferred (for example, investments and insurance products, premium).
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to handle multiple projects, willingness to take on new projects, customer service approach, highly analytical.
- Work effectively individually and within a team, organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment; address employee issues on a timely basis.