We are currently seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Works collaboratively with operations and business development leadership on capture strategy, execution, and business decisions, along with project controls and estimating functional requirements.
- Independently provides knowledge in Project Controls & Estimating functional requirements for all contract sizes and types; may assist with pricing strategy, modeling and analysis to improve win percentage and profitability; may participate in proposal process for large, strategic opportunities including bid/no-bid decision and providing input to the cost and overall pricing strategy; identifies areas for improvement and cost savings; and works collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues.
- Independently provides Project Control and Estimating functional requirements for cost analysis and estimates for new business opportunities and project lifecycle financial management; prepares final proposal pricing in format required by the client; completes project set-up activities and works with Project Management to design and implement Work Breakdown Structure (WBS); supports Project Management and broader finance team with financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, execution, monitoring and control; and is familiar with Battelle overhead-rate structure, accounting practices, and financial systems.
- Works independently with Project and Finance Management to identify and mitigate business risk and supports Project and Finance Management with ensuring compliance with Government Contracting regulations and contractual terms.
- Establishes contract Estimates at Complete (EAC) to establish the correct revenue recognition
- Supports the preparation and coordination of the Annual Operating Plan and quarterly financial forecasts for orders, revenue, earnings and cash.
- Performs analysis and prepare reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated budgets
- Performs cost and schedule risk assessments to mitigate program risk
- Performs variance analysis for actual cost incurred vs. both plan and forecast to major finance metrics
- Performs timely submission of contract invoices and ensure payment
- Supports proposals as required
- Completes both internal and external reporting requirements on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assigns and directs activities of junior staff in partnership with management to develop staff professionally and identifies gaps in Business Acumen with project staff and works collectively with Financial Leadership and the Project Management Organization to train and develop technical staff; train and mentor junior staff; and participates in cross-functional initiatives and other special projects.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Finance or related field with 12 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products; including Excel proficiency
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills. Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadlines.
- Must have a basic understanding of Earned Value Metrics (EVM) and its impact to both cost and schedule
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance with polygraph.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Master's degree preferred
- Prior project controls experience preferred.