Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 64 days ago
Orbital Engineering, Inc. is seeking an experienced Lead Field Inspector to work at our Hammond, IN office supporting major client's projects as well as others that may be assigned. A successful candidate will inspect structural components at customer locations and ensure that structural deficiencies are recorded for customer use. The gathering of field measurements, conducting inspections and other wise observing existing conditions in a heavy industrial environment is a primary component of this position. Candidates must be prepared to readily accept these requirements and will be properly trained to work in these environments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Supervise staff and lead field inspection work and report preparation.
* Assist in technical proposals and estimates for review by supervisor.
* Monitor and manage all field service project budgets, deliverables and schedules.
* Communicate daily with client representatives via phone or in-person.
* Mentor and train new hires and entry level inspectors.
* Detect possible defects and faults in structural systems and recommend or stipulate appropriate remedial measures for non-complex defects.
* Document deficiencies via field notes and photos.
* Compile field notes and photos into formal customer report using internal database.
* Accurately read and comprehend drawings.
* Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
* Use graphic instructions, such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids.
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge in broad areas of assignments, especially projects concerned with unique or specialized problems.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Complete company developed training modules.
* Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all Orbital and Customer safety policies
* Interfaces directly with the client's representatives as necessary.
* Certifies designs and drawings as appropriate.
* Develop additional business opportunities with current and new clients
* Travel domestically to customer sites for execution of projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience with any of the following: General industry experience and/or experience working in the mining industry, steel mills, chemical plants or oil refineries.
Preference given to:
* Experience in mentoring and managing personnel
* Experience with RBI or Mechanical Integrity Inspection programs
* OSHA 10 or 30 Hour Certified
* TWIC Card
* MSHA Part 46/48 Certified
* Aerial/Scissor Lift Trained & Certified
* Confined Space Trained and Competent
* Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) experience (UTT, PT, MT, VT)
* Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) credentials
* API 510, 570, or 653 Certified
* FAA Part 107 Certification
Candidates must have a flexible schedule and quick response time in order to compensate for the customer's changing needs. Candidate must also be willing to travel minimum of 30% of the year, domestic.