We have an exciting opportunity on our Software team for a strong leader with exceptional development/research skills in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The primary responsibility of the Lead Software Researcher / Engineer in Computer Vision is to drive the research and development of core perception components within the area Eye and Gaze Tracking. The lead must come with established expertise in 3D Geometric and Machine Learning Computer Vision Technologies required to build end-to-end eye and gaze trackers for Head Mounted Devices (HMD). In addition to being a key individual contributor, the Lead will also participate in release planning and scheduling, and help coordinate task prioritization and task assignment across other members of the technical team. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the research and development team within the Computer Vision group.
- Lead the research and development effort of advanced product-critical computer vision components of eye tracking.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers across the company using computer vision components.
- Support overall research engineering and architecture efforts of computer vision and machine learning components.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality geometric vision and machine learning modules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the computer vision group and with other key stakeholders.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure the highest code quality in Computer Vision components.
- 7+ years of working experience in Computer Vision targeted to product development.
- Experience leading engineering teams from first-concept to ship.
- Expert knowledge and leadership experience in Computer Vision with specialization in Eye and Gaze Tracking for Head Mounted Devices. Experienced in designing and implementing advanced algorithms for real-time stereoscopic eye vergence tracking.
- Expert level in C/C++ (programming and debugging).
- Experience working with OpenCV.
- Experience in Deep Learning is strongly preferred with knowledge of at least one of TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe.
- Knowledge of parallel computing, OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU is a plus.
- Knowledge software optimization and embedded programming is a plus
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.