Be involved in projects with our Project Controls and Technology Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Estimator for our Chicago, Illinois office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and identify scope of work from existing conditions, plans, and specifications through all phases of design and construction.
- Perform accurate quantity surveys for all types of construction systems and materials
- Obtain labor rates, taxes and insurance requirements, as needed for estimate development.
- Develop contractor-style construction cost estimates and prepare basis of estimate as required by the Estimating Manager in accordance with the program requirements
- Ensure all estimates are accurate and have considered all risk factors.
- Review designs and specifications for cost-effectiveness and suggest appropriate alternatives
- Participate in client or 3rd party reconciliations
- Review Contractor Detail Change Order Requests and determine material requirements, processing and job routing
- Create detailed, market related owner’s cost estimate for scope change, work delays, etc. for assigned projects
- Assist the Resident Engineers and Project Managers with change analysis and development and / or validation of control budgets.
- Maintain an operating awareness of all contract issues and project participants
- Participate in client and contractor negotiations to resolve contract changes and claims
- Perform other duties and projects as needed
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering), Construction Management, or related
- 10+ years related experience in architectural/heavy civil/structural/utility elements for urban infrastructure and transportation projects
- Demonstrated skill/experience in development of Conceptual through Bid Documents crew-based or unit price cost estimates using Spreadsheet, HCSS Heavy Bid and Sage Timberline software applications
- Strong knowledge of On-Screen Takeoff software and MS Office applications.
- Able to demonstrate progressively-increasing responsibility in estimating for Heavy Civil/Transit projects, working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Working knowledge in use of Primavera P6 CPM Scheduling software