The incumbent assumes responsibility for preparing complete and accurate cost estimates, by reviewing, developing, and executing revisions to base contract documents. S/he effectively manages the change order process to meet the related objectives of the Company.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively with internal peers to provide complete and accurate change order proposals.
- Maintains and grows customer relationships by continuing to promote key capabilities of the Company.
- Coordinates the use of LMPS estimating software with estimating managers.
- Assembles all initial bid documents, and incorporates other critical documents issued by the GC or owner.
- Confers with foremen and project management on prospective change documents to existing contract work to determine what the revised scope of work requires for labor, material, subcontractors, etc.
- Partners with project teams to acquire pricing from suppliers and subcontractors for changes.
- Completes estimate takeoff, and makes adjustments based on job conditions.
- Performs takeoff of rough materials for HVAC and plumbing work with the LMPS system.
- Calculates project control, field supervision, general conditions, and other pertinent costs for analysis.
- Reviews and determines labor productivity based on job conditions and input from foremen.
- Combines written change order proposals with sub/vendor proposals to submit with customer bid forms.
- Conducts a thorough review of change order proposals prior to submission.
- Submits change order proposals, and participates in proposal presentations on an as-needed basis.
- Assists with creating cost breakdowns for change orders for use in other project phases.
- Maintains knowledge of codes, standards, and tax requirements associated with project locations.
- Offers training to foremen and project managers to improve performance and industry knowledge.
- Notifies purchasing managers of variations in rough material changes on a weekly basis.
- 10+ years of field and estimating experience.
- Experience with computerized estimating software (i.e. AutoBid, Quote Express).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word in particular).
- Advanced organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Capacity to leverage communication/interpersonal skills to develop and enhance business relationships.
- Aptitude for producing meaningful results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Previous experience in a mentor, supervisory, or management role a plus.