Lead - Enterprise Information Management
Purpose of Job
Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently. Defines data quality rules and ensures the proper implementation of data quality during the creation and modification of data. Defines rules to evaluate data quality and creates effective test plans. Ensures accuracy, completeness, integrity, consistency, uniqueness, and timeliness of data. Executes data quality tests/assessments and data cleansing activities. Monitors compliance of data flows against established data quality standards. Serves as liaison between business, internal and external clients.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Data Quality Analyst for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge in development of data quality and metadata processes, as well as the development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics/quality-expectations for data elements that support critical business processes. Oversees and participates in the development of the data quality tests/assessment practice. Leads discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems.
- Oversee and participate in establishment of data profiling standards and best practices. Consults with business and IT process owners to review the effectiveness of complex data quality controls and metadata capture. Lead alignment and integration of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Leverages expert knowledge to consult and provide oversight in the development and implementation of controls that would mitigate highly complex data quality risk. Consults on high risk data quality corrective action plans. Oversees and participates in the development of best practices for enterprise data quality programs and standards.
- Sets direction for and oversees establishment of data quality process compliance adherence. Consults on failures from high risk compliance assessment checks.
- Sets direction for metadata repository management in collaboration with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge to consult and provide oversight on the impact of high risk changes to reference data. Collaborates with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders on reconciliation and maintenance of reference data.
- Monitors the work of less experienced peers and team members and provides feedback and coaching as needed. Serves as a primary resource for escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline (Four years work experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired) OR A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline OR A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- If Bachelor's degree, 8+ years’ experience in a data management, data quality or business application function OR If Master's degree, 6+ years’ experience in a data management, data quality or business application function OR If PhD, 5+ years’ experience in a data management, data quality or business application function
- 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Ability to facilitate enterprise wide discussions and negotiate compromise with multiple business areas
- Experience in a business line performing as Data Steward, Data Governance, Data Analyst, or Business Intelligence Analyst
- Ability to asses and analyze data management or process gaps as well as lead the implementation/remediation of gaps
- Problem solving and excellent communication skills
- Master Data Management knowledge
- Experience with IBM’s InfoSphere platform or metadata and data quality
-Expert knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data' rows, redundancy analysis; data extraction techniques and applications.
-Expert knowledge in Data Quality tools, SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software.
-Expert knowledge of relevant industry data & methods and demonstrated ability to connect external insights to business problems.
Job Number: R0012331