Buchanan has an opportunity available for a Lead Enterprise Data Architect. The Lead Enterprise Data Architect will work towards building an enterprise model, a central dictionary of standard common business vocabulary, define strategy & principles for data quality management, master data management, data integration, data security access and data archiving & retention.
The Lead Enterprise Data Architect will be expected to work closely with various business functions to translate business logic and processes into an enterprise data model. Qualified candidates will bring a superior ability to lead initiatives and multi-functional projects with high profile outcomes and inherent risks.
Qualified candidates are expected to be well versed in creating, maintaining, and reverse engineering data models that enable the understanding and documentation of the flow of data across business applications.
- Partner with functional and technology teams to develop and maintain mappings/rules between business applications & business data and interfaces
- Perform a variety of in-depth data analysis, dimensional data modeling, and data administration tasks on complicated datasets with potentially complex data integration scenarios
- Document & lead data standards, semantic layer mapping, data flows and conceptual flows
- Define & lead how company data will be stored, consumed, integrated and handled across the enterprise by different business applications, systems, and users
- Applies architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of enterprise data
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that technology decisions align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework via clear communication and negotiation skills
- Conduct proof of concepts, drive technology and product selection, support pilot implementations and support enterprise wide adoption of data, data analytics process & toolsets
Educational and Relevant Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree with 15+ years of experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models supporting transactional, operational and analytical based solutions OR in lieu of
- A Master's degree with 12+ years of experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models supporting transactional, operational and analytical based solutions OR in lieu of
- A JD/PhD with 10+ years of experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models supporting transactional, operational and analytical based solutions
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- At least 15 years of hands-on development experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse environments with focus on data integration processes (ETL)
- At least 15 years of experience with data modeling tools, such as ER/Studio, ERwin, PowerDesigner, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Experience in a Complex Manufacturing and/or Aerospace & Defense environment
- Advanced hands on experience with cloud services, such as Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Expert level proficiency with SQL, Complex SQL Tuning, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Data Warehousing, Standard Methodologies etc.
- Experience in
- Demonstrated ability to understand business partner requirements, desired business outcomes, and how they translate to data structures in a warehouse.
- Ability to handle various tasks and deliverables simultaneously with a track record of exercising independent discernment appropriately
- You should keep up-to-date on technology trends and advise senior leadership on standard methodologies in data architecture.
- Azure/AWS Solution Architect certification