Job ID: INF000C9P
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
JOIN US AS A LEAD ENGINEER – WIRELESS ENGINEERING Our team is looking for a results focused and innovative engineer to help us develop the next generation of wireless connectivity for the enterprise. This position focuses on deployment and management automation, developing and implementing an LTE/5G strategy, and ensuring operating efficiencies across the environment through automation. This includes development, deployment, and management work for 10’s of thousands of physical Access Points. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams, architects and leaders to ensure the systems will enable the future of edge access for our Guests and Team Members. Use and enhance your skills, experience and talents as part of an innovative and visionary team. As a Lead Engineer, you'll…
- Lead and participate in construction, automation, and implementation activities ensuring successful architectural and operational requirements
- Applyexperiences to improve automation of wireless implementation and management practices - experience with automation coding capabilities in Ansible and AWX required.
- Lead the transformation of physical controllers and peripherals to a virtualized hosting platform for stores.
- Transform management/monitoring solutions using open source tech
- Create roadmaps and standards for the wireless platforms and related technologies
- Lead in preventative maintenance strategies, troubleshooting and aid in quickly resolving problems to ensure infrastructure and app stability
- Work with multiple teams, leaders and architects to ensure systems are aligned with overall IT policies and standards
- Lead and mentor co-workers and junior team members
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7years total work experience
- Hands-On experience managing large wireless environments
- Infrastructure administration experience working in large distributed environments
- Moderate experiencescripting in Python, Ansible, Ansible Tower
- Possess a growth mindset, ready to learn and help transform technology
- Self-motivated individual willing to drive results and work withother team members to build amazing solutions
- Has in-depth knowledge of technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise and stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Strong experience utilizing CI/CD technologies (Git, Chef, Jenkins/Drone)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools (Sensu, ELK, Telegraf/Influx, Grafana)
- Experience creating secure infrastructure through automation
- Kubernetes and Spinnaker experience