Gain a detailed understanding of existing and future North American vehicle electrical/electronic architectures through customer discussions, technology investigations, and market research. Identify new business opportunities for future electrical network, hardware, and software solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish Molex as a leader in automotive electrical and electronic components and systems, including advanced electricalnetwork, hardware and software technologies in the automated, connected, and electrified vehicle spaces.
- Understand vehicle electrical/electronic architecture trends, and determine demand, requirements and timing for new solutions based on discussions with customers and other market research.
- Develop high-level OEM and Tier contacts, identify new North American business opportunities and customer strategies for future automotive solutions that lead to long term value creation.
- Determine Molex gaps, recommend buy vs. build strategies, and identify potential partners, mergers or acquisition targets.
- Represent Molex and provide new areas of exposure for Molex within the North American automotive industry.
- Assist in developing a collaborative eco-system of internal/external development partners that will enable fastest, successful time to market.
- Lead and facilitate the knowledge sharing of advanced technologies into the Molex organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Experience developing or implementing autonomous, driver assistance, infotainment, and/or connectivity technologies with an automotive OEM or supplier.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle electrical/electronic architectures, including OEM strategies and competitive landscape.
- Ability to assess customer requirements and translate into electricalnetwork, hardware, and software requirements.
- 5 years minimum experience within the automotive industry.
- Direct experience managing and/or working with people/teams.
- Ability to successfully champion ideas, solutions, and raise issues across the organization.
- Strong ability to communicate directly with customers and technology stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills for effective communication and understanding.
- Ability to travel as required.