The Engineer for this role will offer Process Engineering and technical leadership to the Converting assets.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a cross-functional team that includes product/quality assurance, safety, product supply, and mill operations.
Mill Asset teams including Operating Technicians, Mill leadership, Reliability teams, Staff Engineering, Project Sponsors and Sector Management.
- Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner while being recognized as a positive role model for safety
- Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, polices, and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel
- Seek, recognize, define and solve problems to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause and viable engineering solutions
- Lead development and implementation of key initiatives to improve asset performance and meet team objectives
- Lead development and implementation of Cost Management/ECS initiatives.
- Lead development and implementation of Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives including training of technicians
- Lead and implement major activities that support strategic business plans.
- Provide mentoring to Operating Technicians
- Provide support to other asset areas as requested
- Human resources development in accordance with the One K-C Behaviors
- Provide leadership by example in managing safety, diversity, quality attitudes & practices
- Understand and perform basic financial analysis to determine best cost options for process and project initiatives
- Ensure work is documented and is retrievable
- Working knowledge of PIMS, Process Books and strong Excel skills
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Industrial, Chemical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Pulp & Paper discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments. Other relevant scientific disciplines with the described experience level will also be considered.
Experience using manufacturing analytical tools such as engineering statistics and data analyses, statistical process control, design of experiments, process capability studies, and lean manufacturing.