We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Lead Engineer Parallel Axis Gears
- Responsible for all Helical/Spline Designs
- Responsible for all Planetary Gear Designs
- Responsible for all eDrive and High Speed Gear Designs
- Responsible for all Helical and spline prototype developments
- Resource for plant support on all design related processing issues.
- Familiar with al Helical gear processing method, hobbing, shaping, shaving, broaching, grinding, honing along with CMM and other testing and measurement systems.
- Develop and implement Planetary/Helical/Spline Best Practices and Gear Print Templates
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devise sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Compile and write training material and conducts training sessions on Design and Quality.
- Develop and correlate calculated stress to surface and bending fatigue S/N curves
- Represent AAM at Gearing conferences, seminars, consortiums, etc.
- Internal auditor for all Helical/Spline product conformances.
- Provides quality engineering support for production teams and the engineering staff on:
o Gage issues
o Quarantining NCM
o Trouble shooting
- Provide support for Customer Issues/Production Plant issues and special Product Engineering Requests
- Establish Gage Calibration Schedules, Publish/edit Gage instructions. Gage training
- Capability studies – collect data and chart statistically for all machines in plant
- Collect and evaluate SP11 data – input all data and chart statistically.
- ISO/ QS9000
- Problem Solving Skills
- Statistical Process Control
- Low to moderate physical activity for this position.
- Must be available to work extra hours or weekends as necessary.
- Be able to travel to attend meetings, conferences, technical training and trade shows.
- Be able to travel internationally.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for travel and vehicle evaluations.
- Be able to write detailed technical reports.
- Be able to create and make technical presentations.
- Support plant PIP and cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensure timely completion of all project objectives.
- BSME or equivalent technical 4 year degree, MSME degree is preferred
- 10 years’ experience as an Engineer with Automotive experience.
- Planetary Gear and High Pitch Line velocity Gear design and analysis experience in a manufacturing environment,
- Gear Quality systems knowledge and experience.
- Planetary System Analysis experience
- Planetary System Development experience
Experience from launch of programs with planetary gears
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.