This is a Lead Engineer position responsible for the successful development and execution of New Product Development. Successful performance in this Lead position can progress toward higher leadership positions. This Role leads the Engineering of the Electrical Systems, Subsystems and Components for Company Products to meet project targets of Quality, Cost & Timing. Plans, schedules and implements projects beginning with design, to building and testing of prototypes and implementation of product into production and aftermarket. This is a hands-on Lead Engineer position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Engineer responsible for the Design Development and Launch of new products
- Responsible to set the Systems Engineering strategy and execute
- Specify and design electric/electronic control systems for vehicles
- Working in cross functional team, Engineer the electrical systems for company products.
- Plan, schedule and implement project tasks within targeted cost, quality and timing deadlines.
- Design, develop, validate, and launch products in-line with project plans.
- Create and release relevant engineering drawings, including electrical/electronic system diagrams, network communication diagrams, schematics, wiring and components.
- Oversite and/or mentoring of junior Engineer personnel
- Works with suppliers to communicate requirements and apply latest technology.
- Supervises building and testing of prototypes.
- Organizes and analyzes test and design analysis dates.
- Ensures cross functional engagement and requirements with Manufacturing-DFM, Service-DFS, and Marketing-Features to insure requirements are met during development.
- Supports Current Product Engineering to address in-field, production, and service requests
- Supports requests for change to current product, for unique features & functions as requested by customers.
- Seeks to reduce costs through Value Analysis activity in coordination with accounting, manufacturing, supplier development and purchasing.
- Completion of timely review, analyses and appropriate dispositions of all assigned Suggestions.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety, and quality policies in order to assist UCA in reaching our goal of reducing our carbon footprint, preventing or reducing undesired effects and achieving continual improvement.