Lead Engineer, Media Engineering
at Livestream(View all jobs)Brooklyn, New York
Livestream is searching for a Lead Engineer to helm our Media Engineering efforts. This is an opportunity to focus on the particular challenge of live video, and make a resounding impact on the core features of our business.
Our ideal candidate has copious, diverse video engineering experience -- they've handled ingest at scale, built configurable transcoding pipelines, debugged packaging problems, and more. They have the services background to design solid, scalable architecture, and the operational know-how to pull it off.
Prior management experience is also helpful, as the team lead is expected to manage and mentor their fellow developers. Strong candidates will have process chops, project management skills, and an understanding of what it takes to build high-functioning teams.
- Lead development efforts around our video processing pipelines, including ingest, transcoding, distribution, and more.
- Provide architecture and operational expertise for media engineering challenges.
- Manage a team of engineers, providing people support in addition to directing efforts.
- Define the roadmap, paving a way towards improved protocols, wider playback support, efficient processing, and more.
- Stay abreast of video technology, acting as a spokesperson for the team and a subject-matter expert for the company.
- Extensive media engineering and web services experience.
- Strong eye towards software quality and a proponent of testing.
- A devops mindset and a high level of comfort with infrastructure and operations.
- Practical experience with agile methodologies.
- Management experience is a big plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.