Lead Engineer

Jobspring Partners   •  

Chicago, IL

Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services

  •  

5 - 7 years

Posted 36 days ago

One of Chicago's leading personal lending companies is looking for an lead engineer to lead a team of 5-20 back end engineers in the continuous build of their new white label application. This is a 90% hands on role, with the other 10% of your time coming in the form of peer reviews, paired programming, and tech mentorship. The tech stack is is mainly ruby on rails on the back end, but they throw in Go, Elixir, and Python for new feature development. If you are a senior or lead engineer looking for your next challenge, hit that apply button!

Required Skills & Experience

  • 4+ years of experience
  • Leadership experience
  • Knowledge of at least 2 back end open source languages

Desired Skills & Experience

  • Ruby  on Rails
  • React
  • Any other back end language: Go, Python, Elixir preferred if not Ruby
  • Computer Science Degree

What You Will Be Doing

Tech Breakdown

  • 90% Ruby
  • 10% Python, Go, Elixir

Daily Responsibilities

  • 90% Hands On
  • 10% Management Duties

The Offer

  • Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE

You will receive the following benefits:

  • Health/Dental/Vision
  • 401(k) with match
  • Unlimited PTO
  • Bonus structure
  • Equity

Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.

 

Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.

$120K - $140K