The Lead Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of Omni-Channel Foundations - Pricing and will be part of the team that is responsible for the delivery and ownership of Pricing and Item Solutions. The Omni- Channel team supports the end-to-end Pricing and Item Management functions for Home Office, Stores and Online. This portfolio includes multiple COTS and SaaS integrated packages as well as internally-written applications.
- Plays a key role in defining the future IT architecture and develops roadmaps of the systems, platforms and/or processes for the company across disciplines. Contribute technical expertise to Omni-channel Pricing and Item, offering skills in technical analysis, coding, design, and integration as needed to facilitate success across a variety of programs
- Participates in helping leadership define the future vision, solution architecture, and roadmap of IT systems/platforms for their areas of responsibility by working across functional and technical disciplines.
- Participates in all phases of the system/software development process or supports, maintains and deploys key technologies across domains and technology stacks in a focused and consistent approach for medium to large complexity efforts, including coordinate sourcing of new hardware/software with procurement, licensing & maintenance, budgeting and forecasting, portfolio metrics, change management, security & compliance and partnership with shared services to achieve the business objectives and goals.
- Participates in the development of non-functional requirements and reviews architecture and design of new solutions.
- Work with software vendors to maintain existing and implement new integrated COTS and SaaS products
- Propose new ideas when there is strong business value and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of professional experience. Strong preference for retail experience in the Merchandising, Pricing and Product Development domains. Knowledge of FlexPLM or other PLM software is a plus.
- High level of competency in Oracle RMS and RPM is required.
- Database Proficiency: SQL Server, Oracle, familiarity with writing and performance tuning SQL queries of medium to high complexity.
- Experience with continuous software integration, test and deployment.
- Team Oriented. Capable of working with a supporting a team of various players and roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to present and hold meetings with key business partners, vendors, and technical leadership. Able to explain technical issues to the business or IT leadership in non-technical, understandable terms and provides technical leadership to less senior engineers.