This position is responsible for designing, engineering, and supporting a complex enterprise Local Area (LAN), Wide Area (WAN), and Wireless (WLAN) network.
- Work with both internal and external customers to understand business requirements and needs.
- Design maintainable solutions to meet business and compliance requirements through creation and application of best practices to ensure consistency, maintainability, and compliance.
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotations.
- Deploy new solutions and configurations.
- Ensure service availability through creation and delivery of KPI reports.
- Maintain and manage technical relationships with vendors.
- Discover current technical standards and best practices (R&D).
- Provide technical leadership, mentor other team members, and leads project.
- Deploy patches, updates, and configuration changes.
- Create and document engineering standards.
Experience: 10+ years experience in networking and telecommunications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: Technical Certification CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, is preferred.
High Demand IT Specialized skills:
Platform knowledge (Linux,Unix,Sun,WindowsNT,XP,Open Step):
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Superior knowledge in enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs including routers, switches, network load balancers and wireless access points
- Superior knowledge in layer 3 routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, BGP, and IGRP
- Superior knowledge of Aruba Wireless, Cisco and Juniper Network Systems
- Superior Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol troubleshooting ability, specifically with using protocol analyzers and/or sniffers
- Superior knowledge of information security risks and counter-measures for networking equipment
- Superior knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI) network requirements adherence
- Superior knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Systems
- Superior knowledge of firewalls, data encryption, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and other industry-standard techniques and practices
- Superior TCP/IP packet analysis ability
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite