The Lead Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer will perform engineering services in incumbent’s discipline. The Engineer III will use his/her expertise to mentor and supervise Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineers.
- Lead and mentor the Refinery’s Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineers, involving setting goals, performance reviews, providing technical direction, technical guidance and training.
- Ensure timely training and information of appropriate area personnel regarding each improvement and updating of appropriate documentation.
- Direct Reliability Engineers to oversee installation of projects in the field, including contractor selection.
- Develop, submit and manage overall budget and schedule for mechanical reliability related programs or projects.
- Track mechanical fixed equipment reliability concerns and perform technical and economic analysis to justify improvements and long term solutions. Perform total life cycle cost analysis.
- Support the Turnaround organization as required.
- Work with area Maintenance Supervisor to improve unit reliability through data analysis, maintenance work and may supervise the installation of work.
- Provide mechanical technical support to Reliability teams, the Area team and others throughout the refinery as needed including analysis of failed items, recommendations of design changes to prevent repeat failures or extend run lengths.
- Work closely with the Inspection Department to perform fitness-for-service evaluation of items identified by the ongoing mechanical integrity program.
- Responsible for the management of change procedures for all mechanical changes and projects in the assigned area.
- Guide and provide technical assistance to engineering rationale for repair plans. Develop repair plans as needed pending Reliability Engineers availability or repair plan complexity.
- Represent and present reasoning for “continue to run with a known deficiency” decision and assessment and fitness for service evaluations to all Site personnel as requested.
- Perform Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) action items are requested. Participate in FEMI (Fixed equipment Mechanical Integrity audits are requested and perform audit action items as required.
- Review and approve all turnaround piping packages.
- Review and comment on any proposed engineering design standard changes.
- Participate in and lead various Root Cause Failure Analysis initiatives.
- BS Degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working in a refinery.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of design, construction codes/standards and maintenance standards: ASME PCC1-4, API 510, API 570, API 650, API 653, ASME Section I, ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3, NBIC. Knowledge of API 580 581 and 571.
- Experience with SAP, Plant Manager and PVElite is preferred.
- Ability to work in teams and in a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.