Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- · Assists engineering manager in the planning, direction, and coordination of all engineering department activities.
- · Controls manufacturing process to maximize quality improvement, improved efficiency and cost reduction.
- · Troubleshoots assembly and/or machining equipment as required in order to meet quality and production requirements.
- · Creates and maintains controlled documents such as Control Plan, PFMEA, Operator Work Instruction, In-Process Inspection, Equipment Check Sheet, etc.
- · Conducts SPC, CPK, Gage R&R and time study as required.
- · Improves equipment layout, process and material flow to optimize production line efficiency.
- · Leads cross-functional team for solving quality problems by using root-cause analysis tools.
- · Leads Kaizen activities to ensure continuous improvement in processes, equipment, products and components. Uses systematic methods such as collecting and analyzing downtime/scrap data, dimensional data, etc.
- · Practices 5S and Plan/Do/Check/Action cycles.
- · Trains operators on product knowledge and equipment operation.
- · Supports TS16949 and ISO 14000 audits.
- · Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products. Creates timelines and goals. Controls project launch to ensure meeting customers’ requirements.
- · Leads APQP/PPAP/Run-rate events.
- · Assists engineering manager to plan, direct and coordinate all activities of engineering department.
- · Acts as engineering manager when manager is not available.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
- · Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- · Minimum of 10 years engineering experience, preferably in automotive field.
- · Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including material flow, layout, machining, assembly and production equipment.
- · Familiarity with TS16949, ISO14001 and OSHA regulations.
- · Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- · Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Excellent organizational skills.
- · Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- · Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Some Access and CAD experience preferred.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).