Provide leadership and creativity in the design, development, optimization and implementation of major manufacturing and supporting processes.
Sector Management, Project Sponsors, Product & Technology Development (R&E), Growth Management, World Class Product Supply (WCPS), Maintenance, External Technical Consultants, Consumers
- Projects and designs meet expectations.
- Effective leader and implementer of major activities.
- Technical expertise and problem solving ability.
- Human resources development in accordance with the expected behaviors of the Leadership Qualities.
- Provide leadership by example in managing safety, diversity and quality attitudes and practices.
- Ensure work is documented and is retrievable.
- Travel to range from 5-15%.
Incumbent typically reports to a R&E or WCPS Manager or Unit Team Leader and receives broad assignment direction. Assignments may vary from individual contribution to team leadership. Individual communicates directly with the project sponsor in defining project scope. Responsibilities include project results, project control and effective use of resources. Incumbent is a recognized technical expert, possesses high standards of professional performance, displays vision and demonstrates both personal and organizational sensitivity.
Position typically requires a bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering or relevant scientific discipline or equivalent experience and continuing self-development, and/or progress toward advanced degree in related field. Normally requires experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments. Individual will have demonstrated leadership and achieved results. Individual will have experience leading projects and/or working in a manufacturing facility for five years.
Experience with Allen Bradley/RSLogix PLC programming and Drives commissioning is preferred. Successful candidate will have demonstrated project management skills.
- Requires a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in plant or staff engineering assignments. Experience with control systems, such as: PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers); variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces) distributed control systems; instrumentation; power distribution.
- Expertise in Electrical Engineering with a demonstrated ability to translate that knowledge into execution of process and capacity improvements in capital or expense projects.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
Vary widely with assignment and typically include:
- Project responsibility of $1 MM to $30 MM
- Project team of three to thirty people
- Single or multiple projects
Design and Development: Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation, design, development and optimization of manufacturing and supporting processes to meet unit objectives.