Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for experienced DevOps Engineers to join our IntelliCloud team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Roughly 50% hands-on coding and 50% Operations as a part of 24*7 on-call team.
• Applies technical expertise to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
• Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
• Works in a cross-functional style to achieve results.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of experience with AWS. Understanding of AWS capabilities and architecture is required.
• Experience hosting cloud services and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud
• Bring an Automation First attitude.
• Significant experience and skill programming in a modern scripting language (Python and/or Ruby preferred.)
• Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible
• Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Excellent trouble shooting skills that span code, system, and network in a Cloud environment (like AWS)
• Experience implementing SaaS Monitoring tools, Network services and Security models.
• Experience leading production incidents and RCAs
• Experience with process around Agile software development
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.