The Lead Engineer embodies the highest ideals of full stack development as well as deep experience and knowledge of multiple aspects of their craft. You provide technology leadership and mentoring to your team and can be trusted to design, build, and deploy solutions to complex product problems. Our lead engineers typically provide leadership to a complete backend service or front-end product. Coordinating with other service leads and developing a deep understanding of your dependencies.
- Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
- Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
- Champion the refresh of bank standards and methods using learnings from program delivery, SMEs and industry changes.
- Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
- Develops and communicates program visons and roadmaps.
- Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
- Appropriately governs program technology and engineering dimensions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, engineering, computer science, mathematics, any science, or equivalent work experience.
- Eight or more years of experience in delivering software-based solutions
- Define technical strategy and participates in execution and delivery for continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines and tools
- Ability to influence a cross functional team to obtain desired results, initiate new efforts through iterative design and drive the engineering teams to completion.
- Define and influence Best/Common practices related to build and deployment of applications
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in modeling and application design and architecture, currency with technology industry, demonstrated success in delivering complex software based solutions
- Extensive programming knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of a range of delivery processes such as: migration, security, vendor management, risk and system performance management
- Knowledge in IT/Software quality assurance, system testing tools and system/application testing and implementation
- Experience in multiple types of testing, including but not limited to Unit, Functional, Performance, End to End (including automation and integration with CI systems) and Agile Software Development (typically Scrum, Kanban, or product focused scaled agile framework)
- Open, honest, collaborative and clear intra-team communication skills
- Entirely self-directed, can solve business problems from inception to implementation– can solve business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
- Leads by example; providing support and mentoring as needed to ensure sufficient skill, knowledge and effectiveness in the development and testing process
- Demonstrated enterprise-level collaboration and product design
- Demonstrated mentorship of peers in technical and business topics
- Participates in and influences key stakeholder decisions and drives technical direction, including architecture, system design, and processes / standards
- Frequently presents to senior management and other key senior stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of experience in administration and use of DevOps pipelines at scale
- 3 or more years architecting various DevOps tools, including three or more of code repository, agile flow, orchestration, deployment, and binary repository
- 3 or more years of experience in public cloud
- 3 or more years of experience with Kubernetes and containers (Docker)
- 5 or more years Linux knowledge
- Understanding of enterprise security architecture and principle