Purpose of Position-
This role will be to focus on relational database management. The lead Engineer will also contribute to the automation of our database management processes.
What You'll Be Working On-
- Develop database monitoring/automation solutions for databases
- Support Logical and physical database design and strategic projects
- Plan for size and capacity for Maria DB
- Automate tasks through Python, shell scripting for Maria DB
- Perform DBA tasks for Postgres databases
- Works with internal teams and vendors to implement database components of development projects
- Under the direction of Database Manager, ensures data integrity, high availability, performance, backup/recovery, database patching/upgrade/migration/creation tasks are identified and completed.
- Identify and escalate risks and issue related to database design to Database managers and assists in the resolution
- Perform code reviews and provides input to developers regarding sql tuning, database design/architecture and performance
- Recommend changes to policies which affect database systems and subordinate applications
- Keep up-to-date with the database field, communicating new trends for existing and proposed database systems
What You'll Need-
- Bachelor's degree with a computer science focus or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years of related experience within MySQL or Maria DB
- Experience in application and data architecture with NoSQL, Maria DB/My SQL
- Experience in shell scripting desirable
- Expertise with one or more of the following Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Couchbase, Cassandra, Redshift
- Experience coding DML, DDL, Stored procedures in MY SQL/ Maia DB
- Willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to develop an understanding of web applications and infrastructure