Cisco DevNet focuses on all aspects of customer and partner experience when developing solutions across all of Cisco's wide portfolio of products, solutions and technology.
Amongst many exciting services, Cisco DevNet Sandbox is a public cloud-based service, offering a huge array of self-serve, on demand, technology packed labs. Infrastructure and application developers can openly access our sandboxes in order to code, deploy and innovate. It is a dynamic and rewarding environment, with a large, ever growing user base. For this reason, we are expanding our Sandbox team!
We are looking for an experienced Data Center, Network Ops & Automation Engineer to own the continuing expansion and automation of our Data Center, in San Jose, CA, with hands-on knowledge of infrastructure-as-code principles and who will help to grow DevNet Sandbox globally.
What you'll do
Own the design, build out and day-to-day management of the DevNet Sandbox Data Center including, Networking, Compute, Storage, Virtualisation and Monitoring, specifically involving:
- Racking of hardware, cable management, device configuration
- Routing and Switching Configuration
- Networking and IP Management
- Infrastructure & networking issue resolution
- Virtualisation platform management & Maintenance
- Maintaining a meticulously organised and assembled racking and cabling design policy
- First rate technical documentation of new and existing network designs, implementations, processes and tooling.
- Implement and support continuous improvement of Sandbox Data Center infrastructure design, operational tools and processes.
- Continuously automate the management and configuration of all aspects of the Data Center (networking, compute, storage), with a constant eye on decreasing operational issues and accelerating speed of deployment within DevNet Sandbox Data Centers.
- Manage tools used to deploy, monitor, troubleshoot, and operate Sandbox core infrastructure, lab topologies, and end user experience.
- Continuous knowledge development of NetDevOps Tooling and processes.
- Build understanding of Cisco technologies not just across networking, but collaboration, cloud, IoT and security
Who You Are
- CCNP (R&S) or equivalent
- 3+ years in Data Center Operations & Networking Management roles
- 3+ years' experience with various Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and Cisco IOS
- 1-2 years' experience of production, hands-on data center automation tooling and development
- Familiarity with the Cisco product family beyond just networking and associated APIs
- Knowledge of DevOps & CI/CD tech & tooling such as Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience using APIs, REST and SOAP web services
- Programming & scripting experience (examples: Python, PowerShell, YAML, JSON)
Combined with skills including:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn a variety of new platforms and tools
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work across geographically dispersed teams
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic