At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
Lead Design Engineer
The Tensilica team at Cadence designs highly-optimized microprocessors and DSPs that have been customized for numerous applications, including Audio/Voice/Speech, Imaging/Vision/AI, Radar/Lidar/Communications, and many others. We work with technology leaders who ship billions of Tensilica cores each year in their products, which include smartphones, smart home devices, Bluetooth earbuds, augmented reality (AR) / virtual reality (VR) headsets, and various automotive devices. You probably use our processors every day!
As a Cadence Tensilica Lead Design Engineer, you will work directly with customers and enable them in developing cutting edge products spanning broad range of applications. In this role, primary area of focus will be providing technical expertise to the customers in designing the most optimized solution using Tensilica DSPs. Working in close collaboration with sales and Field Applications Engineering, R&D, and other members of R&D Applications Engineering team, you will get a chance to play an active role in developing next generation products at Cadence Tensilica.
- Become an expert on Tensilica DSPs, with a full understanding of the architecture, programming model, code optimization techniques, system modeling and system integration considerations of these products
- Using Tensilica Software Development Tool products for optimizing software, performance benchmarking, profiling, PPA analysis, debugging
- Working directly with the customers, reviewing their design, providing guidance, addressing their technical issues to resolution
- Engage with sales/FAE during customer evaluations to help win business
- Complete evaluation and internal review of new products and features before release
- Influence future Tensilica products by providing technical and customer feedback to product marketing, development engineering team
- One to two weeks of travel per year maybe required
- Bachelors in EE/CS or equivalent plus 7+ years relevant work experience
- In-depth understanding of Computer architecture/ RISC processors/DSPs
- 5 years experience in embedded systems software development in C/C++, DSP programming, code optimization and debugging
- Experience of Intrinsic, assembly level programming
- Experience of embedded software development tools including compiler, assembler, debugger and IDE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Masters in EE/CS
- Expertise in programming VLIW, SIMD DSPs
- Experience with Vision/AI algorithms
- Experience of working with embedded RTOS
- Knowledge of system modeling and SystemC
- Experience in customer facing role