You will collaborate with product line management on product concepts, create development plans for projects, lead the team’s hardware development activities, and work closely with other discipline leads to deliver world-class products for use in critical infrastructure.
SEL engineers work in state-of-the-art facilities with full-featured on-site hardware testing labs and production manufacturing on-campus.
Our mission is to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. Will you join us?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead electronics hardware development activities
- Initial concept and feasibility analysis
- Project planning
- Requirements management
- Architectural design
- Collaborate with mechanical, RTL, firmware, and manufacturing engineers
- Circuit design and analysis
- Schematic capture
- PCB requirements and layout
- Design for manufacturing
- Test plan creation
- Functional and verification testing
- System type testing
- Industry and Regulatory standards compliance
- Hardware design documentation
- Manufacturing support
- Collaborate with department management, project managers, and peer discipline-leads to create hardware development plans, schedules, and budgets meeting department goals.
- Lead hardware development teams to meet agreed-upon development plans, schedules, budgets.
- Efficiently resolve technical and non-technical issues.
- Assist management in portfolio planning and long-term strategy.
- Strong communication, planning, and organization skills.
- Mentor, and motivate development teams.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 6+ years of related engineering or management experience
- Technical expertise in development of electronics hardware.
- Proficient in one or more of the following technical areas
- Analog electronics design
- Digital electronics design
- Power electronics design
- Demonstrated ability to design/produce/support successful products/processes
- Proven ability and strong desire to develop employees and lead projects
- Ability to define general approaches and specific solutions to technical problems
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)