Are you a dynamic Lead Product Manager with an Electrical/
Utilities background who is looking to make the jump to working for a worldwide leader in their industry?
Our client is a division of a global, multi-billion dollar company with a facility in the Birmingham, AL area and due to company growth are looking to add to their Product Engineering team.
Top Reasons to Work for our Client:
- High profile position working for a global organization that has been an industry leader over the past couple decades
- Diversified client base reaching countless markets
- Be part of a team who is focused on delivering top quality products globally
- Excellent compensation and benefits
What you will be doing:
- Define product needs to expand the Company product line offering to satisfy industry needs.
- Use engineering background, industry knowledge & product knowledge to design transmission assemblies using Company product that is compliant to the customer provided specifications along with industry standards applicable to the project country location.
- Collaborate with and lead Product Engineers to assist with developing drawings, specifications & exceptions associated with bid packages for quoted transmission projects.
- Communicate with the Company Sales Team & Customers for day to day business (Problem solving, applications, training, bid-packages & pricing)
- Communicate with Customer Service and resolve questions concerning customer transactions, product needs, application requests, product cross-references and similar.
- Customer visits will be required occasionally for collaborating on major projects, promoting new products, training and various other business activities.
- Manage the Electrical & Mechanical testing requirements associated with performance testing of customer projects. This to include supervising test needs and managing customers that may be present to witness testing.
- Development, maintenance & all aspects associated with the product catalog for this product line. In addition, responsible for providing the Company team advertising ideas & proofing/approving all collateral generated.
What you need for this position:
- Degree in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent
- 5-7years of Product Engineeringexperience
- 1-2years' experience in a Lead Product Management/ Product Engineering role
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning pricing at significant dollar amounts
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning market and product needs
- Providing guidance to supporting product engineering team members.