The candidate will provide RF engineering support to the Hardware Engineering team for manufacturing tactical radio products and accessories - specifically the AN/PRC-167. This will include lifecycle support to the component level for hardware and releasesupport for software. The individual will work closely with both the design engineering community and all operational resources to enable continuous manufacturing. Other program support is also required to enable new business opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and issues based on technical challenge and revenue impact.
- Ability to generate project schedules and tack budgets, staffing and progress.
- Champion for continuous improvement at the individual level with the ability to influence a product and/or department level impact
- Program support skills including development of technical baselines, estimates, and supporting documentation
- Diverse product development knowledge from component selection through change orders and factory implementation
- Well-rounded technical skills required to understand software defined radio products and accessories. This should include RF, analog circuitry, magnetics, digital and programmable logic, networking, and system integration
- Should be familiar with a broad range of test techniques and automation used to assemble and test electronic circuit boards and products
- Working knowledge of how to maintain electronic component supply chain and plan for critical and end of life events
- Provide timely and thorough response to issues that impact continuous production and generation of revenue in the JROC focus factories with staffing and problem-solving expertise
Bachelors Degree and minimum of 9 years prior related experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years previous related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have experience designing state of the art RF electronic circuits
- Must have experience designing multi-octave power amplifiers covering VHF, UHF and L-Band frequencies.
- Must have experience in lumped element and distributed microstrip/stripline filter design.
- Must have experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators et.al.
- Must have experience with RF CAE design tools including ADS and Momentum.
- Must have radio system design experience.
- Ability to self-manage priorities is a key success factor.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new assignments is a key success factor.
- Must have proven problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Must be well organized.
- Secret clearance is desired