The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting in establishing and defining standards and maintenance protocols to improve the resiliency and management of the electrical infrastructure at NBCUniversal’s Rockefeller Center. This role will also include project management of new design and installation work as well as renovations to existing critical infrastructure equipment and components. This role reports to the Vice President of Facilities Engineering and Critical Infrastructure.
- The electrical engineer will assist with all aspects of the electric operation of the NY broadcast operation facilities.
- Create documentation and monitoring tools for critical systems operation and maintenance, day-to-day operations, budget planning, capital project planning, and capital project execution.
- Develop Methods of Procedure (MOP) for project and preventative maintenance activities so that all key stakeholders and operations teams are clear with the necessary steps to complete the work.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point programs and have the ability to develop concise presentation material.
- Strong communication skills are required as the position entails direct communication with NBCUniversal management and coordination with the in-house electrical staff. Candidate must have the ability to communicate both technically and in layman’s terms.
- Responding to client studio and office electrical requirements. Creating sketches and managing small to mid-size projects.
- Critical system responsibilities will include installation / modification of all critical systems, tracking of critical system usage and reserve capacity, response to critical system issues, and upgrades to critical system infrastructure to meet changing demands.
- In addition to the regular ongoing business operations, the engineer will assist in preparing the planning, budgeting, scope, and execution of capital projects throughout the year. Engineer will also be expected to create documentation tools for long term strategic planning of capital projects, including budgeting and staging of multi-year projects.
- This position will also include occasional off hours work, either to cover major critical systems events which may include system upgrades or cutovers, or to cover major broadcast events including presidential elections, The Olympics, or The Super bowl as examples.
- Crossover with the mechanical disciplines should be expected. All assigned projects will not be strictly electrical in nature.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
• 5+ years of electrical operations experience with a focus on power infrastructure and critical systems (i.e. medium voltage switchgear, low voltage switchgear, emergency generators, paralleling systems, ATSs, UPS systems, STSs, and power distribution)
• Basic understanding of mechanical systems means and methods
• MEP commissioning experience is a bonus
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY but travel to our Englewood Cliffs, NJ facility as needed
• Highly organized, detail oriented
• Solid and efficient computer skills and file maintenance
• Effectively coordinates multiple tasks
• Highly flexible, able to prioritize and re-prioritize as new assignments occur
• Manages time effectively
• Able to research and access resources
• Strong communication skills
• Risk Assessment experience