Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lead Electrical Engineer. The Lead Electrical Engineer acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on complex projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
What You'll Do
The work of revitalizing critical infrastructure for hydroelectric facilities includes developing plans, modifications and replacement of protective relaying equipment within existing generating and pumping plants. Design may also include the addition and/or replacement of major electrical apparatus in outdoor substations and switchyards. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and reviewing relay settings for the protection systems and SCADA programming.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s degree a plus. ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- PE registration, or the ability to acquire registration within one year is required.
- 7+ years of engineering experience.
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Capable of leading complex relay replacement projects from scoping through detailed design, and into commissioning and construction support for energization.
- Proficient with protection and control design and industry standards.
- Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, control panel elevations and bills of material.
- Knowledge of MV electrical (apparatus) equipment including station service, 15 kV switchgear and protective relaying panels.
- Knowledge of protective relay settings.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and programming is a plus.
- On site testing and commissioning of protective relays, and construction support a plus.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) or California Electrical Code (CEC) a plus.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time.