$150K — $200K *
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer in the Power Electronics domain to develop new and innovative fitness products. Our team offers a unique opportunity to define a new category and build experiences with a variety of advanced technologies. The Tonal hardware team is developing complex electrical and mechanical systems containing everything from high speed digital processors to low power microcontrollers, from power electronics and motor control to wifi and bluetooth, and from analog sensors to audio and camera systems.
What You Will Do
- Lead the execution of major EE programs and systems
- Lead the development efforts of our powertrain including BLDC motor control, inverters, AC/DC power conversion, regeneration, and power distribution
- Take products from concept and prototypes through testing and iteration to high volume production
- Collaborate with other engineering teams like Systems, Mechanical, Reliability, ID, and Firmware to create great product experiences
- Work across departments with Program Management, Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Customer Care to bring it all together and ensure a great product
- Path to managing and growing a team as we hire to fill out specialized needs in the power systems area
Who You Are
- Proven technical leadership taking full products to mass production
- 10+ years of experience developing electronics systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Power Electronics (over 1kW) and thermal and MTBF considerations
- Experience with BLDC motor control and inverter design
- Experience with AC/DC power conversion and multi-quadrant designs
- Experience specifying motor designs
- Strong background in EE best practices, fundamentals and system level design and validation
- Experience balancing in-house designs and leveraging external design partners and contract manufacturers
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture, and layout (we use Altium)
- Well organized, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
Valid through: 6/2/2021
$150K — $200K *
$80K — $100K *
9 days ago