Who We Are:
PAE is a pioneering mechanical and electrical engineering firm that continually sets the bar for sustainability in the built environment. From our offices in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, and San Francisco, we employ an integrated and responsive approach to project design that balances the environmental, economic, and social goals of every client we work with. PAE promotes a work environment that encourages creative problem-solving and the sharing of ideas through an open office environment and a culture of continuing education. Our portfolio includes more than 130 LEED rated or registered projects as well as dozens of projects that have either achieved or are pursuing the Living Building Challenge, Architecture2030, Carbon Neutral, and Net Zero Energy / Net Zero Water status. A Triple Bottom Line firm, PAEs success is measured not only by profit, but by our commitment to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
At PAE, we like to think of ourselves as a little bit different from most engineering firms. Here is why:
- We care intensely about envisioning and creating sustainable building systems, and work every day to break new ground in the world of sustainable design.
- We have a closer affinity to the visions of the architects we work with than more engineers we've met. We understand the need for beauty as well as practicality.
- We value creativity as much as we value precision which is to say, we value both a great deal.
- We understand that visionary people we want to hire need to experience the world in order to change the world, and we try very hard to support that need.
We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our clients.
Lead Electrical Engineer. The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract. PAE employees are expected to perform duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse stakeholder group
- Complete the project within the budget and schedule
- Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination
- Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Perform engineering calculations and equipment selection
- Perform CAD/Revit system design and documentation
- Provide training and design direction for the project team
- Estimate probable construction costs
- Perform site visits and issues reports
- Edit/write specifications; provide input into standards
- Oversee building performance simulation as it relates to the discipline
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Independently evaluates and applies engineering judgment, techniques, and procedures to complete a project from design to construction
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Engineering calculation and performance simulation software
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering for discipline work
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- LEED accreditation
- 5-10 years of industry experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.