Lead engineering efforts of a group of engineers responsible for a project. Responsible for designing and developing electrical designs for material handling equipment. Understands equipment requirements, business and customer requirements that drive the design of the technical solution. Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design and equipment construction, installation support of designed equipment and support of other complimentary engineering staff for programming and site startup support. Resolve site requirement changes, and support solution to complete designed equipment installation. Researches, evaluates, and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance design and engineering solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine requirements for electrical motor and controls required to create electrical controls
- Design electrical drawings for electrical control panels
- Design control devices to be installed on material handling equipment
- Generate bill of materials required
- Verify proper build of designed system
- Support field engineers during installation phase of designed system
- Understanding of multiple MHE manufactures equipment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Provide guidance and assistance to other engineers with technical challenges
- Intermittent travel to customer sites may be required for short periods of time
Qualifications / Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or related field
- A minimum of 7 years in MHE industry or equivalent
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Language skills – ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical skills – ability to calculate figures and amounts such as for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, etc.
Reasoning ability – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other skills and abilities
- Understanding of electrical principles
- Understanding of motor control
- Understanding of control devices
- Basic mechanical skills
- Proficient in Autocad Electrical Software
- Proficient with PC desktop applications (MS Office)
- Ability to design electrical systems and division of control areas
- Designing high speed control systems
- Knowledge of motion control hardware
- Ability to manage team of project engineers for project execution
Physical demands – the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
Work environment – the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office work environment. Occasional travel to project sites which may require safety equipment.''