$80K — $170K *
You will be an integral member of the avionics design team, focused on capturing, developing, upgrading, and sustaining military avionics products as well as developing best in class development methods and strategies to win new business. You will be a key leader in rapid problem solving by leveraging your industry-recognized technical expertise in digital electrical engineering development to rapidly solve complex technical challenges. You will be the key technical focal point across Honeywell Aerospace engineering teams creating best in class competitive solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our military customers. By collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams, you will execute as well as influence hardware design directions and methodology developments. As a hardware engineering technical expert, you will leverage your advanced expertise to deliver high impact business results while acting as an advisor, teacher, and mentor developing military hardware development subject matter expertise in others.
• Lead in the execution of military avionics product development projects
• Lead strategies to continuously improve on our technical capability to compete and win competitive pursuits
• Lead failure investigations that have high visibility and customer scrutiny
• Lead engineering cross functional teams as the technical authority
• Lead customer discussions on critical product and/ or process design
• Lead estimation efforts for large and complex proposals
• Mentor and coach junior level engineers
• Develop and improve work practices
• Review process and product quality
• Collaborate with Honeywell internal and customer or supplier external engineering functional teams
Some travel within US/ International may be required
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace systems or hardware engineering
• Minimum of 7 years of experience developing products for military programs
• Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status
• Extensive experience developing digital processing hardware ruggedized for military applications across the entire product development life cycle
• High depth of technical knowledge in digital processing and high-speed communication interfaces
• Excellent communication skills and extensive experience in presenting technical information to internal engineering leadership, executive leadership, external customers, and other subject matter experts at defense industry consortiums.
• Extensive experience in developing technical white papers, presentations, and estimates in support of military program pursuit ROMs and RFPs
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to execute planned and unplanned project tasks efficiently
• Strong attention to detail and engaged performance when performing engineering technical reviews
• Extensive experience in developing and performing trade studies of digital processing solutions that consist of general purpose processors, FPGAs, ASICs, high-speed memories, high-speed communication interfaces, video processing circuits, LCD Displays, IMU, and/or GPS technology.
• Master's Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, and/or business administration
• Familiar with common industry and military design, development, communication, and qualification standards such as MOSA, FACE, SOSA, DO-160, DO-254, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-461.
• Secret security clearance is desirable, but not required
• Extensive experience with the proper handling of export-controlled information
• Extensive experience utilizing configuration control repositories for the management of development and production released engineering artifacts.
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Ability to influence customers and cross-functional teams to deliver optimal outcomes
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment
• Proven ability to teach, mentor, and develop subject matter expertise in others
Valid through: 12/20/2021
$200K — $250K *
55 days ago