Lead Engineer working in Quality Engineering that acts as an authoritative knowledge source related to Quality Engineering functions. Plans, conducts, and coordinates a broad range of complex professional research, development, design, technology, manufacturing, or quality assignments requiring extensive knowledge of advanced techniques and principles and their application to specific projects. Works under administrative direction only with considerable latitude for reviewing actions or making decisions.
- Participates and identifies opportunities to leverage projects, technologies, or strategies across divisions, products, and customers. Participates on divisional strategy teams.
- Champions initiatives to resolve critical process and technologically related issues
- Leads process improvement efforts prior to establishing need for corrective action and performs risk assessments and provides technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities and adjusts plans to minimize risks and maximize opportunity
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined short and long-range goals and objectives. Determines and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
- May manage major multi-year projects to successful completion. Plans, coordinates, and directs major technical projects or more than one project of major scope and complexity.
- Significant technical contributions essential to the successful completion of projects.
- Speaks, writes and presents at the highest level of effectiveness and professionalism with diverse audiences. May communicate policy or position to external audiences. Demonstrates mentoring skills.
- Negotiates complex states of work, schedules, budgets, and anticipates and resolves issues regarding customer relationships. Regularly interacts with and influences divisional personnel, contractors, and customers on projects
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
You Must Have:
- US citizen and capable of obtaining and maintaining a government security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering program, or a Bachelor Science degree in Physics from an accredited program. Advanced degree in Engineering or Physics preferred.
- Seven or more years of relevant experience in an engineering discipline or related technical activities.
- Five or more years of experience in a quality engineering role preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of management and outside customers highly desired.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification.
- Experience to leverage technical writing skills to produce high quality presentation content providing results and / or project status to DA as well as all levels of KCNSC management.
- Ability to provide technical guidance, product assurance techniques, consultative services and innovative solutions
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to highly complex engineering concepts and projects.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.