The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing innovative new products to support our growing business. This person will work closely with the Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineering Group, Sourcing, and Manufacturing personnel to develop lighting systems and controls that delight our sports and entertainment customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Own the product definition and complete product specifications
- Identify opportunities to utilize connected lighting technologies as part of the Internet of Things(IoT)
- Lead the entire advanced circuit design cycle, including: component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing, troubleshooting), and design/PCB documentation. These designs must address challenging performance objectives while meeting the size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability, and cost objectives.
- Actively coordinate PCB layout with the thermal, mechanical, embedded, and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Validate electrical designs through design reviews, product testing, and detailed analysis.
- Protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Expand our reputation for being the thought and technology leader in sports lighting
- Drive implementation of new technologies into product development and drive innovation of new technologies for future products.
- Resolve quality issues related to components or manufacturing
- Troubleshoot field-related technical issues and quickly implement product updates
- Coordinate across a cross-functional team to achieve project objectives
- Contribute to advanced research and development
- Clearly communicate issues and resolutions to management
- Implement ECNs to document changes to products
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company ("Cooper Lighting Solutions"). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with Cooper Lighting Solutions. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton's plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in Cooper Lighting Solutions' compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Cooper Lighting Solutions' plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton's.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of electrical engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts and switch mode power supply theory of operation
- Knowledge of control systems for lighting products
- Knowledge of LED lighting and driver circuitry
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, UART, PCIE, SDI, USB, and other communication protocols
- Knowledge of LED lighting and driver circuitry
- Knowledge of memory devices such as SNOR, NAND, DDR
- Knowledge of basic IOT theory, specific understanding of BLE and Zigbee radios preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in analog/digital circuits preferred
- Experience in writing scripts for test automation preferred
- Experience in writing automated testing equipment (ATE) code preferred
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to use basic electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor as well as a team member