Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking motivated and talented Lead Electrical Engineers to join the Missiles and Weapon Systems (MWS) Electrical Engineering Team in Huntsville, Alabama. There are multiple (LEVEL 4) positions available.
The Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent. The programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Next Gen Interceptor (contingent upon award), precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air & Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair).
Position Responsibilities May Include:
Electrical Electronic Systems Design:
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Electrical Design and Analysis:
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Develops and validates requirements for various complex arious communication, sensor, power, GN&c and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering processes and procedures
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience applying engineering processes and principles
- Experience/domain knowledge of system architecture, requirements, interface definition, verification, and validation
- Experience with complex systems development and integration
- Experience modeling or simulating complex systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.