JOB SUMMARY: The Lead Electrical Designer will design for maintenance and capital projects, responsible for supervision and technical direction over a team of designers. As lead designer, responsibilities will include total delivery of the electrical deliverables and services on time, within performance budget and meeting quality expectations. Duties may include performing advanced design work serving as a technical specialist for a complex design assignment. This level requires extensive progressive experience in electrical design and involves utilization of project controls for cost, schedule and quality of projects. This work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Familiar with department design and drafting standards.
- Read, create and modify one-line diagrams, wring diagrams, plan drawings and schematics.
- Recognize and communicate project scope, specifications and design criteria.
- Produce electrical installation specifications with engineering review and approvals.
- Check calculations by other designers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice.
- Interface with clients to determine scopes of work and technical matters.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced drafting personnel.
Job Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Requires 10+ years of relevant experience in electrical drafting and design.
- Requires previous on-site plant experience in electrical drafting and design, preferably in a refinery.
- Strong design experience; solid knowledge of reading and understanding electrical area classifications and determine appropriate installation details.
- Experience with bill of materials for cable tray, cables, conduit, lighting, load centers, and grounding.
- Experience performing voltage drop calculations, cable bend radius, conduit fill and wire sizing.
- Medium voltage experience a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 National Electric Code.
- NCCER certification a plus, but not required.
- Active TWIC Card or able to obtain.
- In compliance with federal law, all person hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to compete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in AutoCAD, required. Knowledge in CADWORX 3D and InTools a plus, but not required. MS Office Suite experience.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or Computer Aided Drafting is preferred.