Support Transamerica’s public-facing websites by being the Lead Drupal Developer on the Public Sites team.
Transamerica is transforming their CMS and moving to Drupal/Acquia as the platform of choice. We’re looking for strong full-stack Drupal developer to lead the change and manage our Acquia hosting environment. This role is pivotal in leading existing developers into learning/enhancing Drupal skills but also assisting in hiring and mentoring new team members as we bring them into the department.
You will be a key member of our Enterprise/Global Technology Services division joining talented developers, designers, UX, project managers, and content strategists that focus on identifying client challenges and proposing solutions to maintain and architect enterprise-level Drupal web sites. You will use your expertise to work collaboratively on Drupal development, architecture planning, migration, API and DevOps solutions for Transamerica stakeholders.
You will strategically lead Drupal projects by designing solutions for complex site-building and developing Drupal modules. Not only will you lead our public site developers with your strong Drupal/Acquia knowledge, you will also be a consultant to our post-login IT developers as they begin to explore adding in elements of Drupal into their environment to expand and creating Drupal solutions.
Plan, organize and lead DevOps solutions in Drupal platform development:
- Develop and maintain the Drupal CMS and Acquia environment for our marketing websites
- Design, Develop and Test new Drupal features, components, and modules based on the need of the business
- Install and maintain new code bases, multi-site configurations and personalization offerings using Drupal/Acquia.
- Gather requirements for new pages and determine which components will best serve the content and overall experience
- Act as lead on the implementation and roll-out of Level Access, our accessibility software. Ensure all relevant developers/3rd party firms are properly utilizing the AMP tool within the SDLC.
- Participate in the requirement gathering process, daily standups and retrospective meetings related to public sites.
- Defines phases and necessary resources along with time estimates for sprints.
- Assists product owner with grooming tickets, leading sprint planning and oversight of the sprint progress.
- Demos new releases to the client and assists account management with client feedback for future development.
Lead Team Members and Represent Department:
- Lead the public sites developers with responsibility for training 2-4 team members on Drupal and supporting code issues as they arise for the team.
- Mentors and guides members on a regular basis, participates in engineer’s performance reviews
- Working with Manager, identify opportunities to grow/mature/enhance/strengthen skills of the team
- Represent the public sites team and overall Drupal Development within key stakeholder meetings. Create and provide key presentations on department work or strategy. Attend key meetings such as Architecture Review Board to represent department needs.
- Communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
- Support/Consult various IT team members across the entire Transamerica organization with questions related to Drupal. Act as champion for Drupal to expand the use of this CMS platform.
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible Drupal development. 3-5 years with Drupal 8 and Familiarity with Drupal 9 preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years background in training in Drupal/PHP for other developers desired.
- 6 – 8 years of experience with complex enterprise or multisite Drupal implementations
- Experience working with Acquia Cloud
- Experience using Composer and Drush
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Acquia Grand Master certification a big plus
- Significant PHP and object oriented development experience
- Solid Frontend skills (HTML, CSS, JS, React.js, Node.js)
- Knowledge of Database Architecture (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
What will set you apart:
- Experience writing custom modules for Drupal 8 and integrating with external 3d party APIs
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 configuration management, including config-split
- Ability to work effectivity in the command line interface, Git, GitLab
- Ability to develop, review, and test custom Drupal modules and themes