Strategic HR Outsourcing Solutions (SOS HR) is a boutique RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) firm specializing in all areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting. Our core expertise is in the area of HR Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Recruiting from A – Z, and Professional Services.
We attribute our record of growth to our thriving base of highly motivated, results-driven management team, employees, and consultant. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, great customer service and the willingness to learn, then we want to talk to you!
We have a customer that has the below need for a perm position at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Must possess a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance.
Join our client’s team to help provide direct hands-on network engineering expertise to help design, install, and maintain various DoD network architectures.
- Knowledge with network vulnerability scanners (e.g. Retina, ACAS, Nessus)
- Experience required with Cisco Software Defined Access, Digital Network Architecture, Cisco Identity Services Engine, TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, VLANs, VRF’s, general network troubleshooting, management of a production environment with the following experience: automated install, automated build and deployment, automated configuration management, enterprise monitoring systems, performance and network monitoring tools, operating systems upgrades and migrations, strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software, routing protocols BGP, EIGRP and OSPF, Layer 2 , and Cisco VSS, VSP.
- Knowledge with patch management software (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, etc.)
- Experience with using enterprise architecture tools, including SolarWinds, Kiwi, CatTools, or Orion
- Experience with COTS network infrastructure technologies
- Experience with unified Capabilities (UC), VoIP, and non-UC voice capabilities
- Knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining network security and service availability throughout the system life cycle
- Knowledge of computer networking and network-based information assurance devices
- Experience with reviewing government guidance, including task orders, directives, STIGs, or IAVAs for applicability and implementation
- Experience with vulnerability assessments using various scanning tools
- Experience with performing, interpreting, and reporting vulnerability assessments
- Experience with developing and presenting, orally and in writing, technical information to non-technical audiences and clients
Key Job Functions:
Our client seeks an experienced Network Specialist to provide technical expertise to help interface with government clients and help shape their IT, networking, communication, and infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly technical core service outages and other complex IT system issues
- Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and improve client core enterprise services in support of Army users
- Work effectively with stakeholders, including program and project managers, end users, and technical staff to develop, test, implement, and sustain critical IT infrastructure and security architectures such as Cloud computing and networked systems
- Work in a team-oriented environment that combines technical network engineering talent with business consulting expertise to deliver high quality IT solutions
- Design, develop, and recommend integrated security system solutions that will ensure proprietary and confidential data and systems are protected
- Provide technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions
- Interface with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs
- Configure and validate secure complex systems and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
- Ensure designs meet applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGs)
- Conduct engineering vulnerability assessment of systems utilizing DoD approved IA tools (ACAS) and DISA STIGs
- Identify technical applicability, remediate, and support mitigation of IAVA notices and support metric reporting
- Research, interpret, and provide technical policy guidance pertinent to information and system security
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices and strategy
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure services are consistent with and/or superior to, industry best practices
An individual must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related field preferred (experience can be substituted for educational requirements)
- Possess a Top Secret clearance
- Minimum 8 years experience with networking, including network design, testing, development, and integration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Security+ CE Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCPA)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
· Up to 5% travel
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.