Nate from ObjectWin Technology Inc. We are one of leader in providing staffing services to Global enterprises and Fortune 1000 companies.
We are currently Looking out for a Lead Network Engineer for a 12 months Contract opportunity with One of our client in New Orleans LA. If you are interested please let me know the best time and number to get in touch with you along with your updated resume. I am also attaching the complete job description below please have a look and let me know your thoughts. If you are not interested and know someone who could be an exact fit for this job please do refer them
Job Tittle : Network engineer
Job Location : New Orleans, LA
Job Type : Contract Position _ 12 Months
- Monitor network performance through agreed upon service-level agreements (SLAs),
- Assist in the design of Optimization Areas, approve acceptance of Optimization Areas
- Liaise with vendors to enforce agreed upon service-level agreements; act as the primary supervisory point of contact with network vendor during issue resolution process
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to the components of network devices
- Ensure that firmware and programming requirements of network devices are up to date and meeting business requirements
- Organize site surveys for placement of new access points, relays, or other network enhancement devices
- Conduct field visits where necessary to troubleshoot devices or investigate communication issues identified by other areas of AMOC
- Understand principles of network design, particularly as it pertains to network vendor tools and processes, and radio-frequency mesh technology specifically.
- During steady-state operations, take on leading responsibility in network design; devise network expansion strategy for situations such as evolution of terrain, new residential and commercial developments, or expansion of service territory, including acquisition of new territory.
- Develop governance framework for networkutilization by various business stakeholders?billing, distribution automation, lighting, smart cities, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Cisco networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, network management tools, use of packet capture and other troubleshooting tools.
- Understanding of CISCO routers and switches as well as firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention devices.
- Demonstrated understanding of RIPv1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, Access-Lists, route re-distribution, IP Multicast, VLANs, and spanning tree.
- Previous networking experience maintaining NERC CIP environments, use of Cisco Prime, demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking / Application Centric Infrastructure, Aruba wireless environments, VMWare, a plus.
- Knowledge of utility and metering concepts; knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS) such as ArcGISpreferred
- Knowledge of radio-frequency (RF) and network mesh related concepts
- Ability to use EDX SignalPro preferred
- Knowledge of database-related concepts
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques used successfully on RFnetworks
- Knowledge/experience in telecommunications theory and transport systems including hardware, software protocols.
- Understanding of telecom transport mission implementations in a utility environment.
Familiarity with electrical utility distribution and transmission grid control telecommunications environment is a plus