Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assuring in high reliability and performance for VoIP, Video and other critical applications deployed in the network.
- Develop capacity/performance baselines for all (relevant) network devices, circuits and interfaces based on existing monitoring tools.
- Work with the team to define thresholds for all network metrics of interest. Develop plans for identifying and reporting capacity (or latency) issues which could cause service disruptions and/or performance degradation for customers.
- Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Consult on problem resolution and interact with various technology support groups to ensure a positive customer experience and adherence to problem management process standards and guidelines.
- Hands-on and remote configuration of Cisco routers, switches, load balancers, and other network gear.
- A bachelor's degree (CS, IS, or Engineering major preferred)
- CCIE Preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis and test planning skills
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to own projects and completes them on time
- Understanding of CORE concepts with IP Telephony, call setup process/flow, call signaling, call control and media capabilities exchange.
- Experience in using various monitoring tools like network simulators, load generators, profilers, monitors, analysis and reporting
- Advanced experience with Sniffer and/or related analysis tools to analyze network application performance problems and troubleshooting
- Expert level experience configuring routing protocols and other network technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, SSL VPN, IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3, NAT/PAT, PPP, MPLS, QoS, STP, HSRP, VTP, VPC, VDC, OTV, Ether channel, WAN Acceleration, IPv4, IPv6
- Expert level experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center technology
- Expert level experience with WAN deployments including: EIGRP/BGP route redistribution over MPLS networks, route maps and filtering, traffic prioritization and QOS policies
- Knowledge of Public DNS
- Working knowledge of F5 LTM and GTM technologies
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n, WPA2, WLC, WAP
- Expert knowledge of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of SDWAN technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Netscout tools and technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of LiveAction LiveNX is a plus
- At least 15 years in the administration and operation of enterprise wide area and campus networks, including extensive experience with Data Center, LAN, WAN, Network Security, VoIP application (H.323/SIP) solutions and architectures.1805887