BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Lead Network Engineer will manage network routers, switches, load balancers and related components to ensure the highest level of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position is responsible for architecting network solutions, vendor relationship management, serving as the highest-level escalation point for the Data Network team, and partnering with internal teams to establish current and future technology needs.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, plans and implements data communications networks using the latest technology to prepare for business growth.
- Development and design of highly available, tightly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant networking systems.
- Researches and evaluates new network communications technologies and makes recommendations to management.
- Designs and supports F5 LTM and GTM load balancers.
- Proactively monitors network performance.
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers, fostering career growth.
- Provides daily support of MSC’s LAN, WAN and Wireless infrastructures.
- Performs physical setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network devices.
- Work closely with IT Help Desk, Distributed Systems and AS/400 groups to provide 2nd and 3rd level support of network issues.
- Works closely with third party vendors for administrative support of MSC routers, switches and cabling infrastructures.
- Updates and documents data network systems and procedures as required.
- Works as a team member on department and cross functional projects.
- Manages small to large network projects.
- Designs, implements and supports Cisco and Aruba core and distribution LAN technologies.
- Designs, implements and supports applications optimization, load balancing and WAN optimization.
- Designs and implements access switch technologies involving stacking, POE, QOS and fiber.
- Ensures that MSC’s change control policies and procedures are followed.
- Fosters the MSC culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum seven years of hands on experience with LAN and WAN architectures and technologies required.
- Minimum five years engineering implementing and supporting Cisco and Aruba network switches and routers is required.
- Minimum five years supporting F5 LTM and GTM Load Balancers required.
- Minimum three years supporting Aruba Wireless Controllers and Clear Pass policy management servers required.
- Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE preferred