As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.You're
an Individual. We're
the team for you. Together
, let's transform the way the world pays.Job Description
The Lead Network Engineer, Infrastructure Lifecycle Management and NextGen
, will drive the technical execution of key strategic and tactical programs, advancing the development of Visa's global networks toward next-generation capabilities. This is a highly-visible role within Visa's Global Infrastructure Network Services team - the organization that is chartered to architect, plan, engineer, and operate Visa's global networks (wide-area networks, data center networks, corporate networks), supporting Visa's business and users worldwide (100B+ annual transactions).
You will work closely with the leadership teams from Network Tools, Network Engineering, Network Architecture, and other cross-functional teams who are managing systems and applications, to drive efficiency and improvements in supporting/managing the network, review/enhancement of processes and implementing automation and new technologies. This position is within the Infrastructure Reliability Engineering - Infrastructure Lifecycle Management and NextGen team that sets governance for existing technology infrastructure, certification and standardization of new infrastructure technology and design architecture before deployment into Visa's production environment, global backbone, datacenter, and access networks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior technical leader to contribute to the delivery of Visa's vision for the transformation of the company's infrastructure toward next-generation capabilities, including software-defined networking (SDN), virtualization, and cloud technologies.
The IRE team is centered on hiring and developing diverse talents who are passionate about building and operating best-in-the-breed infrastructure through technology and innovation.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for supporting and optimizing a large scale, complex, high performance network
- In-depth knowledge of internet architectures and associated routing, switching, load balancing and security technologies are required.
- Identify, Automate, and improve Operational processes, mitigate and eliminate potential risk, defects, trends for a rapid scale of the environment
- Ensure network agility without compromising quality
- Strong understanding of Network Monitoring, developing visualization and reporting capabilities
- Programmatically analyze network incidents/ Alerts and develop automated solutions for close loop remediation.
- Integrate health monitoring of underlying infrastructure to application services and their dependencies by BU group
- A high level understanding of multi-tiered application traffic flow, server load balancing, global load balancing, and firewalls
- Audit and assess network for requirements and best practices.
- Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Provide technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame
As the ideal candidate, you will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and substantial technical management experience across network architecture, planning, engineering and operations within a large/complex technology organization.Basic Qualifications
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- Network programming using Ansible or Python or Terraform
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies
- Prior experience in next-generation network/product architecture design for large-scale network deployments for high-volume, high-availability consumer-facing and B2B network interactions
- Experience working with highly-effective engineering teams through major technology transitions
- Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of networking technologies and solid understanding of the software-defined networking ecosystem
- Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network strategy
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies
- Experience in managing cost-reduction programs
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams
- Track record in developing next-generation leaders
- Demonstrated successful experience with metrics/KPI-based deliverables with accountability
- Knowledge of networking technologies including monitoring services
- Prior experience with datacenter monitoring and management
- Networking Technologies such as SNMP, Netflow, Flow analysis, BGP
- Experience developing service oriented systems, REST, python
- Exposure to Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Ganglia, Nagios, open TSDB, Elasticsearch or other distributed compute platforms
- Hands on expertise on commercial network monitoring tools.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.