Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Lead Network Engineer, Global Network Transformation will drive the technical execution of key strategic and tactical programs, advancing the development of Visa's global networks toward next-generation capabilities. This is a highly-visible role within Visa's Global Infrastructure Network Services team – the organization that is chartered to architect, plan, engineer, and operate Visa's global networks (wide-area networks, data center networks, corporate networks), supporting Visa's business and users worldwide (100B+ annual transactions).
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior technical leader to contribute to the delivery of Visa's vision for the transformation of the company's infrastructure toward next-generation capabilities, including software-defined networking (SDN), virtualization, and cloud technologies.
In this role, you will
- Provide end-to-end technical management through architecture, engineering, and operations, driving the execution of multiple initiatives to modernize and transform Visa's global networks, with a focus on delivering best-in-class security, availability & performance, as well as improved network automation and tools capabilities, increased operational efficiencies, and lower network unit costs, and will have responsibility across several key areas, including the following:
- Drive the execution of key initiatives to implement our network architecture, strategy, innovation and technology road-map for a particular network technology domain.
- Provide hands-on, technical governance across network teams to drive complex network transformation initiatives involving various technologies, vendor solutions, and tools.
- Collaborate closely with network architecture, planning, engineering & operations teams to develop road-maps and time-bound, metrics-driven execution plans and milestones.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Visa network environments and provide ongoing insight into network
systems of high complexity in extranet, commercial and corporate environments to fulfill network evolution requirements.
- Drive the planning and execution of proof-of-concept projects and lab/field trials through delivery, particularly virtualization & software-defined networks (SDN).
- Collaborate with high-performing network architects and engineers, providing technical oversight on key network initiatives based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Build relationships and work with business partners and stakeholders within broader internal organizations to promote a unified approach to network transformation and strategic road map.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and substantial technical management experience across network architecture, planning, engineering and operations within a large/complex technology organization.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 10-12+ years of experience in a technology architecture, engineering, or operations capacity in a large-scale global technology infrastructure, 5+ of which is focused on network technology.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of technologies, tools, and processes within the ecosystem of the network technologies, including (but not limited to) routing & switching, L4-7 traffic management (e.g. load balancing, DNS) and firewalls, across WAN, data center fabric and campus networks, as well as networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies.
- Prior experience working on transformation programs related to networking technologies.
- Track record in execution of company-wide next-generation network technology initiatives.
- Understanding of the fundamentals and latest innovations in Software Defined Networking (SDN) in the data center and/or WAN.
- Demonstrated experience of metrics-driven technical management with direct accountability
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and
securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
While not required, we prefer you have the following qualifications as well:
- Experience leading a Network Engineering or Operations team.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Application development (programming and/or management) experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Experience in driving cultural transformation programs.
- Advanced network technical certification (e.g., CCIE, JNCIE, etc.).
Job Number: REF6737L